Shri Mahavir Ferro Alloys has always focused on uplifting the local communities living around its operations. The target is their inclusive growth and improving their quality of living through the enhancement of education, gender equality, poverty, and the environment.
● New School Building for Children
○ SMFA took an active role in constructing a new building for UP School near Pharsatoli with the help of the District Administration to restore the school’s glory. “We create a conducive environment for effective learning and prepare children for future national endeavours.” - Mr Sudhansu Pati, Director, SMFA
● Setting up of facilities for citizens at Aadhar Kendra
○ The company has installed 9 AC units at the Aadhar Kendra of the Sundergarh district. It is greatly beneficial to the district residents visiting the centre during the scorching summer season of Odisha.
● Red Cross Funds
○ SMFA donated INR twelve lakhs to the red cross funds of the district collector in 2019, right at the brink of the upcoming Covid virus outspread. This fund would have come out to be especially useful in the fight against the pandemic.
● Onsite testing and Covid - Care Facility in Maharaja Agrasen Bhavan
○ SMFA took an active part in the battle against the covid pandemic and set up the onsite Covid test facility and bed centre at Maharaja Agrasen Bhavan with 28 beds, arrangements for oxygen cylinders, doctors, nurses and other necessary amenities. Managing Director of Shri Mahavir, Mr Vicky Jain, said that the company was extending a small help in the fight against the pandemic.
● Homoeopathy Clinic for the locals
○ SMFA has set up a homoeopathy clinic near their plant for the neighbouring communities and staff members. It provides free homoeopathic consultation and medication to visitors and has proven to be a visionary idea.